10.25 Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet By Utopia Kitchen (No Silicone Handle)
- Diameter: 10.25 Inch
- Dimension: L16 x W5.9 x H2 inches
- Material: Cast Iron
- Feature: Smooth Finish, Even Distributed Heat, Stoves & Oven Friendly, Hand Wash with Hot Soapy Water, Rinse & Dry Thoroughly, Season with a Light Coat of Vegetable Oil.
- Quantity: 6 Pieces Per Carton
- Usage: Perfect for Commercial Kitchens, Small Kitchens, Cafes, Restaurants & Homes
- Delivery: Within 4-5 working days (Use Estimate Shipping for accurate shipping charges and time)
ready to use: factory seasoning
To provide you with a ready to use cast-iron skillet, all our cast-iron cookware pass through factory pre-seasoning stage in which soy-based oil is used on these high head allowing the polymers to create an initial layer of seasoning. This one factory seasoned layer is equivalent 10-15 rounds of normal home seasoning. The normal cast iron seasoning we create at home is attained when the fats and oils used in cooking collect on the cast iron.
This makes our cast iron cookware completely ready to be used straight out of the box. No initial seasoning is required. However; in order to maintain the factory-seasoned cast iron layer you need to season it from time to time. Factory seasoning is just a kick-start to your cookware’s seasoning life. Not to forget that seasoning is an on-going course. If you want your cast iron to maintain a perfect black, non-stick patina, then get started with the cooking. Regular use and proper maintenance is the key to a coveted black non-stick surface.
With our Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron cookware now cook all you can; whether it be steaks, paninis, vegetables or anything you like your tummies to be fed. The perfectly sized wide diameter allows an ample cooking space, making it compatible with oven, stove, grill or over a campfire. This skillet can be used on various heat sources including gas, electric, induction and ceramic-glass top stoves, and ovens. Pay attention while using it on a glass stove top as slight sliding might cause a scratch to the surface.
The comforatble grip Silicone Handle makes hot skillet handling convenient on the stove top and protects hands up to 450° F.
Prepare delicious dishes and indulge into the best cooking experience at home with this cookware. Whether it is searing, sautéing, simmering, braising, baking, roasting, or frying, this has it all.
In order to maintain the non-stick surface of your cast iron cookware, follow the steps given below:
- Making Your First Meal: It is highly recommended to start with frying Bacon as it enhances the factory seasoning layer by adding, even more, oils to the coating although anything else might do the trick.
- To Boost Seasoning: Meat contains fats that enhance your cast-iron seasoning.
Maintain The Seasoning:
- Before cooking, rub some olive oil over your cookware’s surface.
After washing, rub some olive oil over your cookware’s surface and place it on a stove or in an oven, at a low temperature, to allow the oil to seep in.
Enjoy a Healthy Lifestyle
With cast-iron cookware, you do not need to use large amounts of oil to give those potatoes a golden crispy color or. The lovely black non-stick polish on the surface is an indication of a properly seasoned skillet, making it almost non-stick. Cast iron pans allow you to avoid the unsafe chemicals found on non-stick pans which can cause undesirable damage to your vital organs.
It is very natural for iron to rust without seasoning but there is nothing to worry. It’s really easy to fix. Simply scrub the rust, rinse, dry, and cover with a little vegetable oil. If the problem persists, you will need to thoroughly remove all the rust and follow re-seasoning instructions given below:
- Wash the cookware with hot, soapy water and a stiff brush. It is perfectly fine to use soap this time because you are recreating the seasoning from the scratch.
- After washing, rinse and dry the cookware completely.
- Apply a thin, even layer of melted solid vegetable fat (or cooking oil of your choice) to the cookware inside and out. Make sure not to use too much oil as it will result in a sticky glaze.
- To grab any oil drips, place aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven and set the oven temperature to 350 – 400 degrees F.
- Then put the cookware upside down on the top rack of the oven.
- Bake it for at least an hour. After an hour, turn the oven off and let it cool in the oven and after the cooling process, store it in a dry place
- After the cooling process, store it open in a dry place.
- Repeat the process as required.
|Pieces Per Pack||1|
|Pieces Per Carton||6|
|Carton Dimensions||16 x 16 x 11 inches|
|Carton Weight||0.0 pounds|